Understand the Difference
When hiring an estate planning attorney, it is important to understand the difference between our approach and others. Many attorneys have a "one-size-fits-all" approach, which may result in an impersonal experience and unintended consequences for your family in the long run.
Make Sure Your Plan Reflects Your Wishes
If an attorney does not take the time to listen and consider your personal circumstances, the estate plan prepared may not reflect your wishes or be effective when your family needs it most. Without regular plan reviews or updates, your plan is likely to become outdated and ineffective.
You Get What You Pay For
While you may pay less for estate planning upfront, you may end up with standard documents that cost more to fix in the future if something goes wrong. Additionally, your family may be at risk of having to deal with an expensive and unnecessary court process during a time of grief.
At TrustCounsel PC, we prioritize listening to our clients and ensuring that their estate plan will work when it is needed. If you simply want legal documents, there are online resources or traditional lawyers available. However, if you want a plan that will keep your loved ones out of court and conflict, and protect your assets from the government, we may be the right fit for you.
Here are some ways we differ from other estate planning lawyers:
- Our fees are fixed and agreed upon in advance, so there are no surprises.
- We help organize your current assets and key information so that you make wise decisions now, and keep things managed during and after your life.
- We prioritize protection of your children, ensuring they are raised by the right people, and protected from unecessary conflict as adults.
- We focus on proper titling of assets (financial, physical, and digital), their management during life, and their transfer according to your wishes thereafter.
- We review client plans regularly to keep them up to date with changes in your life, assets, family, and the law.
- We pay special attention to legacy planning, and transfer of digital and non-tangible wealth.
- We never charge for phone calls.
Before choosing an estate planning lawyer, ask about these topics to ensure your plan will be effective and not just a stack of worthless papers. Don't let legal documents give you false security and prevent you from doing what's best for your loved ones.